||[Aug. 13th, 2010|02:08 pm]
at two different times in the past, i made fifty-item-long to-do lists for my future. i feel like now is as good a time as any to make a new one, since everything has changed so much since i made the others.
to-do list, take 2010
1. earn straight a's at ou
2. graduate from ou, by spring 2012 at the latest
3. look into grad school
4. possibly take gre
5. possibly go to grad school
6. get a real job
7. move out of my parents' house (for the last time)
8. be more active
9. write a book of fiction
10. write a book of poetry
11. make some/any money from said books
12. love myself
13. live with matt
14. be happier
15. visit nyc
16. visit europe
17. visit new zealand
18. learn to play guitar
19. buy a digital camera
20. become an unrestrained eater
21. get married
22. own a house
23. possibly have kids
24. get a hair cut
25. stop being so nostalgic
it's hard to be as lofty in my dreaming now as i used to be. maybe this is the curse of having been taught tough life lessons? along with these fifty-items lists, i've also done numerous 'ambiguous declarative' lists over the years...and one now can't hurt.
1. you're the nicest person i know, and i'm glad to know you.
2. i've done wrong by you, and for that i'm sorry.
3. your opinion of me is inextricably bound up in my opinion of myself.
4. there are a lot of things left unsaid between us, at least from my side, that i doubt will ever be said, even if you were willing to listen, which i don't think you ever will be.
5. i'm intimidated by you to an extent that i'm not proud of.
6. our relationship keeps going, like the energizer bunny, and i couldn't be more glad about that.
7. although i accept responsibility for my actions, i sometimes blame you for driving me to them.
8. i love you.